Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default Special purpose low-power air conditioning - metal involved!

On 9/14/2011 7:31 AM, John B. wrote:

http://www.hatz-diesel.com/index.php

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...0743_200310743

And a Hatz 10 electric start used to power a Paceship 25
http://paceshipseastwind25.wordpress...ngine-options/

Seems like there are a lot of small air cooled diesels used in Asia...

How big would that 1800 rpm generator be physically?
That sounds sweet (bad pun but true!)

Air cooled diesels (had one) are extremely noisy. One of the added
advantages of a liquid cooling system is it silences a great deal of
the mechanical noises.

A 9 HP would be about a 5 Kw generator and would be ~about~ 3' X 2 ' X
2' if it is on a skid with a frame and fuel tank, electric starter,
battery, etc.

By the way, hand starting small air cooled diesels with a pull rope is
a definite art. Do not assume that because you can start a lawnmower
or an outboard that you will ever get the diesel to go :-)

I hear you about the noise (huh?)

But that is an electric start engine.

I wouldn't try to start my Blazer with a rope either!