Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Stair accidents and how to avoid them and lessen their impact

For me, this serves as a reminder that sometimes good intentions have a
way
of working out badly. The next thing planned is to keep him on floor one
and to get a housekeeper to live on the deserted second floor. This is a
guy who's lived alone for over 20 years. I'm guessing he will like the
idea
of a roommate as much as he likes assisted living.
Bobby G.

Recently, one of our church members came to us and asked if we had any
living accommodations to rent, or knew of any. She was in a tight spot with
the current economy. We have an older friend named Charlie. He lives alone
in a two story house with a full basement. We introduced the two. Charlie
needs help some times, and is on the verge of losing his driving license or
killing someone. He's been alone for a long time. He's been wanting to
move his sister out here, as she is infirm, and he wanted to care for her,
but couldn't as he can barely take care of Charlie.

Cathy moved in a couple of months ago, and so far, they are doing fine.
Cathy has a fine third floor home with a fantastic view and low rent.
Charlie has a new cook that cooks all the things he likes, and is off frozen
entrees and canned everything.

You never know how the arrangement will work out. Charlie is from Arkansas,
and Cathy is from northern Louisiana, which is right next door. They even
knew a couple of the same people back home. They both like to play cards,
and like to watch football. She drives, and Charlie has commented on a lot
of things he didn't see when driving the same road.

All you can do is hope for the best. It might turn out better than
expected. He's now considering moving his sister out here, as they both
would have help.

Steve