Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Curious hugshake

On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 16:26:24 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"JimT" wrote in message
On 9/13/2011 6:03 PM, Larry W wrote:
In ,
Steve wrote:
About three months ago, a couple of my friends started giving me male on
male hugshakes. This consists of the two males handshaking each other
with
their right hands, pulling the other male towards their shoulder, each
touching the other's shoulder right front with their own shoulder front,
and
the left hands patting the other one on the back.

Is this a new style of handshake, or does it have any secret or
ritualistic
overtones?

Steve

It means you're gay?

He's afraid he's gay.

AMF

This is getting funny. But maybe not to you.
Here's an idea.
You said they're your friends.
Ask them what's up with that type handshake.
Then you'll know.
I told you I've done it with in-laws.
To me it was a sign of affection and good will, nothing else.
Basically, "I'm here for you if you need me."
With a good friend it would be the same.
I wouldn't like it if I didn't feel like "being there" for the other
person. Wouldn't be honest.
Push him off probably.
That's one reason I don't have that type of friend any more.
Since my old friends are gone I haven't got close to any.
Got my own family to take care of.
Just something to think about.
Don't know if any of that applies to you.

--Vic