Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Curious hugshake

RicodJour wrote in
:

On Sep 13, 11:22*am, Red Green wrote:
RicodJour wrote in news:
On Sep 13, 9:45 am, "Steve B" wrote:

That is the point. I wanted to identify its origin and meaning
before continuing to allow it. I prefer a traditional handshake.
The fist pounding and high five is a sign of understanding or a
celebration, and they
are simple expressions. This ons is bulky, and if you are not
expecting it, or familiar with it, you almost want to pull away.

Do you often look for a conspiracy or ulterior motive? *You said a
couple of buddies started doing it. *If you don't trust them or
their motives, why are you buddies with them?

Look at it this way - all forms of greeting impart social
significance and in many/most cultures also illustrate the social
standing between the two people. *If your buddies are willing to
get in close, they're simply saying they like you a lot - more than
just a handshake. *It doesn't mean they are trying to get into your
pants.

[text version of pop-up window] Are you sure?

:-)

Unless you have information to the contrary, yes. I assume that Steve
B is like most men - slightly repulsive.

like most men - slightly repulsive.

Yea, I got some of that too with a slight case of over achievement.