Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_13_] Frank[_13_] is offline

Default Curious hugshake

On 9/13/2011 11:33 AM, RicodJour wrote:
On Sep 13, 11:22 am, Red wrote:
wrote in news:
On Sep 13, 9:45 am, "Steve wrote:

That is the point. I wanted to identify its origin and meaning
before continuing to allow it. I prefer a traditional handshake.
The fist pounding and high five is a sign of understanding or a
celebration, and they
are simple expressions. This ons is bulky, and if you are not
expecting it, or familiar with it, you almost want to pull away.

Do you often look for a conspiracy or ulterior motive? You said a
couple of buddies started doing it. If you don't trust them or their
motives, why are you buddies with them?

Look at it this way - all forms of greeting impart social significance
and in many/most cultures also illustrate the social standing between
the two people. If your buddies are willing to get in close, they're
simply saying they like you a lot - more than just a handshake. It
doesn't mean they are trying to get into your pants.

[text version of pop-up window] Are you sure?

:-)

Unless you have information to the contrary, yes. I assume that Steve
B is like most men - slightly repulsive.

Seeing some of Steve's responses, I thought that "friends" knowing he
had a heart condition were trying to help do him in