Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM[_3_] RBM[_3_] is offline

Default Running Boiler During Power Outage

On 9/12/2011 6:05 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
wrote in message
However, since I bought the generator, the power does not go out.
That's after several major storms and a hurricane that knocked out
power to Long Island for quite a few days. Coincidence? Most likely
yes.

I have had a 5 kw gasoline generator for about the last 12 years. We have
had 4 power outages that lasted more than an hour. Generator would not
start either time. Each time I had to clean out the sediment in the
carborator bowl. I have started running it about 15 minuits each week or
two. Also putting the Stabil in the gas. It will start with 2 or 3 pulls
of the cord. Almost waiting on the next power outage to see if it will
start this time.

I used a gasoline generator for about 10 years. I always had Stabil in
the fuel, and twice a year I drained the tank, ran the engine dry, then
refilled with fresh gas. With this method, I never had any starting issues