Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pipe insulation made of black foam rubber

Pool noodles also good (when split properly) for low
doorways, where you hit your head.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message
On Sun, 11 Sep 2011 07:44:34 -0700 (PDT), millinghill
wrote:

Hi.
I've lots of that black foam rubber pipe insulation, but
it's for 1/2"
diameter. The (cold water) pipes I need to insulate are
1". I want
to insulate them to prevent consdensation in my basement.
If I split
two of them down the middle, it will cover the 1" pipe.
But what do I
seal/glue/tape it with? Duct tape will just get old and
unstick after
a few months/years. Any ideas?
Advice appreciated.
Thanks
Theodore.

Pool Noodles are going on sale soon. Dense foam. Some that
are 3/4"
core in the center. You have the split them with razor
blade.

http://cdn.nexternal.com/poolcenter/images/wacky-swimming-pool-noodles-3819.jpg

They don't have to be black :-/