Ken Muldrew

Default Norm's mahagany finish

"Mike Hide" wrote:

[great stuff on finishing wood that isn't necessarily flat]

Thanks for that. I always thought that French polish wouldn't work
well on carved surfaces because it would be hard to avoid stopping in
places. The one carved chair I have made I brushed on shellac and
rubbed it out with a 3M grey pad + rottenstone. I wasn't really happy
with the finish (nor with the carving) but less discriminating folks
seem to like the chair (good design, probably).

BTW, I took your advice from last year and purchased "Fine Furniture
for the Amateur Cabinetmaker" by Andy Marlow. I've just about finished
with the practice projects. It's a great book and a very enjoyable way
to work wood. Thanks for the recommendation.

Ken Muldrew

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)