Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default A new bed project completed

In article , Bill
wrote:

On 9/10/2011 8:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I applied 3 buckets of "hot mud" today. I tried to stretch the second

What's your def of "hot mud", sir?

bucket a bit too far, and ended up scraping a bunch of it off the wall.
So the little bit of wisdom I have for anyone who has read this far is
"don't try to stretch it too much". Somebody can probably start their
own thread with that...LOL.

Works about as well as those fabled "board stretchers" doesn't it?

P.S: I understand that Leon used -very- little mud in that project.

It was fine before I found a small spot I needed to touch up, and the
next thing I knew I was scraping it off (only about 1 ft^3). I think
I've done a pretty fair job of taking a 40 year old garage wall and
repairing all the holes and wear and tear. There was more time involved
than I would have guessed. As long as I'm going to be painting,
I decided I didn't want to have 2 brand new walls and 1 crappy looking
one. And yes, I patched all of the holes in the ceiling too.

It will be nice to get my renovations over with, kinda like a bow-saur I
think. BTW, what was so dang-difficult about a bow-saur? Also, what is
the gizmo that attaches to the cord at the top to the middle of the saw?
I've not seen it on every bow saw, but I've seen it on more than one.

Oh, lord... Don't mention an unfinished Bowsaur to C-Less!