Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A new bed project completed

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 19:48:40 -0400, Bill
wrote:

FrozenNorth wrote:
On 9/10/11 1:42 PM, Bill wrote:

Wow (nice)! Considering all of the drawers, etcetera, I think I might
want about 5 1/2 years to complete a project like that.

but think of all the threads you could start here talking about it. :-)

I have little doubt that there's are more than a fair number of lessons
built into that project. After I finish my lighting I'll start
something easy, like a workbench. I'll let you know if I run into any
difficulties sharpening my planes. I may have to turn one of them into a
scrub plane. At The Woodworking Show(s) a fellow from Lee Valley kindly
showed me a bit. It's likely I'll be able to come up with something to
post.

I applied 3 buckets of "hot mud" today. I tried to stretch the second

What's your def of "hot mud", sir?

bucket a bit too far, and ended up scraping a bunch of it off the wall.
So the little bit of wisdom I have for anyone who has read this far is
"don't try to stretch it too much". Somebody can probably start their
own thread with that...LOL.

Works about as well as those fabled "board stretchers" doesn't it?

P.S: I understand that Leon used -very- little mud in that project.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,