Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default A new bed project completed

FrozenNorth wrote:
On 9/10/11 1:42 PM, Bill wrote:

Wow (nice)! Considering all of the drawers, etcetera, I think I might
want about 5 1/2 years to complete a project like that.

but think of all the threads you could start here talking about it. :-)

I have little doubt that there's are more than a fair number of lessons
built into that project. After I finish my lighting I'll start
something easy, like a workbench. I'll let you know if I run into any
difficulties sharpening my planes. I may have to turn one of them into a
scrub plane. At The Woodworking Show(s) a fellow from Lee Valley kindly
showed me a bit. It's likely I'll be able to come up with something to
post.

I applied 3 buckets of "hot mud" today. I tried to stretch the second
bucket a bit too far, and ended up scraping a bunch of it off the wall.
So the little bit of wisdom I have for anyone who has read this far is
"don't try to stretch it too much". Somebody can probably start their
own thread with that...LOL.