Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus13208 Ignoramus13208 is offline

Default My new engine hoist

On 2011-09-10, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 07:53:22 -0500, Ignoramus13208

On 2011-09-10, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 09 Sep 2011 21:46:33 -0500, Ignoramus5263

On 2011-09-10, Steve B wrote:
"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote
I've got a Northern Tools engine hoist that only weighs about 200lb, and
it's all I can do to move it around -- because of the Chinalloy casters!

Ya got that right! Everything else can be right, but if the wheels aren't,
it's a pure d bitch.

The first thing that I did with my Harbor Freight crane, is to take
off the crappy casters, and weld on USA made 5 inch casters. Works
really great after about 5 years.

It takes that long to work great? :^)

I'd always taken advantage of the fact that Chinalloy wheels slid and
skidded so easily on concrete that they didn't really need to roll.

They do not slide so easily, when there is a 500 lbs load on the
crane.

Aw, that's what the 3' crowbar is for, Ig. Piece o' cake.

Try better casters for a change.