Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John John is offline

Default Why is parts washing solvent so expensive

On 2011-09-10, Steve wrote:
Forgot to add that I have one gallon of Simple Green in there. I added it
right after the last discussion here. It seems to work pretty well. A
little slimy feeling, and it cleans my hands good, too.

Oh, yes, I have a question that is very related. I have a Graymills
800-A parts washer.

http://goo.gl/a7k4g

What will hapen if I use it with aqueous Simple green or some such
solution? Will it work? Will it rust completely? Will it work okay,
but perhaps not as well as with petroleum solvent?

I do not personally like petroleum solvents, their fumes give me a
headache. Add to this fire and EPA and price, and you would see why I
am looking for an alternative.

If I can use what I have (Graymills 800-a) with aqueous solvents, I
will be happy, even if cleaning takes a bit longer.

Has anyone tried it?

I will call Graymills on Monday.

get some freon 11. whoops... the EW's had that banned except for nuke
plants use.

John