Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default A new bed project completed

On 9/10/11 12:39 PM, willshak wrote:
Leon wrote the following:
On 9/10/2011 9:37 AM, willshak wrote:
Leon wrote the following:
As many of you may remember, the bedroom tower/bed project that I was
building last year was eventually completed. :!)

I just completed a similar queen sized bed with under bed storage for
my son. He however did not want the double layer of drawers and opted
for the single layer with 9 drawers.

Before seeing the pics, I was curious to see how you arranged 9 drawers.
After seeing the pics, I guess the 9th drawer is in the typo. :-)

No there are 9 drawers, the two false slots at the headboard would be
hard to open if you have night stands near the headboard so they are
false. The remaining 3 shots working towards the foot board each have
3 drawers. I never could see wasting the middle of the bed so I put
drawers there also. Note however one of the outer drawers has to be
removed to access the hidden center drawer. Good location for hiding
stuff or seasonal items.

Great idea. Good place to hide the Playboy mags. :-)

and Lee Valley catalogs. :-)

--
Froz...