Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default What happened???

"James Waldby" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 09:34:43 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:
"Pinstripe Sniper" wrote ...
Doug Miller wrote:
Killfiling Gunner Asch, Ed Huntress, and Dave Smithers ("Hawke") will
remove the majority of the "political garbage" while deleting very
little actual metalworking content.

LOL Huntress? Sheeee-et, I'd pay to read his stuff. He reminds me of
James Fallows. = COMPLIMENT

That's very kind of you, Sniper. I think that Doug just doesn't like my
politics. d8-)

It doesn't matter whether he likes your politics or not...

Yeah, it does matter a great deal.

..., politics
are off-topic in r.c.m.

Tell Gunner. He started it a decade ago, cross-posting to the crackpots on
misc.suvivalism in order to drag in supporters for his endless provocations
and insults. Then it was picked up by Cliff, then TMT, and then the
nym-shifting, cross-posting reprobate Hammy, from misc.survivalism.nutbags,
who has a dozen or so sock puppets, has made a career out of insulting
people on RCM.

I think we all lose and no one gains
anything when politics are discussed in r.c.m. Why should those
of us who are interested in metalworking have to filter out 3/4 or
more of the posts here to get to what we are interested in?

Good question. As I said, ask Gunner why he started the insults. He won't
give you a realistic answer, but he's the source. Then ask yourself how many
insults one has to just take (I took many of them before ever shooting back)
before they lock and load.

--
Ed Huntress