Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?

On 9/9/2011 10:14 PM, wrote:
On Fri, 9 Sep 2011 10:55:49 -0400,
wrote:

James, while the other replies have merit and should be considered, I have
used two plastic 55 gal. drums for hauling K1 oil for several years now.
I haul them on a small 4 x 6 trailer, and use a small 12volt pump
designed to handle fuels, which runs off my car battery, using extended
jumper cables. If you care to send me your email offline, I can send you
some pictures !!

The best place to get these 55 gal containers is at restaurants. All kinds
of liquids are shipped in them, things like orange juice concentrate, other
juices, etc. Call (or better yet, visit) some restaurants, and if you
find a friendly owner or manager, you might pick up several for free.

By all means, do take care, and follow all safety norms and laws.

James

Carrying fuel on the road in non-approved portable containers is
illegal. Storing it in non-approved containers is unwize at best.
Approved portable Gasoline containers MUST be red.
Approved portable Kerosene containers are generally Yellow or orange.

Gasoline - red
Gasoline - green (typically Europe)
Diesel - yellow
Kerosene - blue
water - tan or gray

kerosene is never yellow or orange that I know of.

--
I'm never going to grow up.