Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default simple, cheap lumber rack

On 9/9/2011 3:13 PM, kansascats wrote:
Exactly. And my guess is the 100# rated bracket probably can hold
120# or better.

One thought came overnight...while I'd have no qualms as far as failure
given the loading you're talking of as noted; you might find they will
sag some with time if loaded near rating.

For that reason you might want to consider upping the number either by
filling in more in the same length (altho I'm presuming you were
thinking of only using existing wall studs so that would take more
effort to add) or, alternatively, space more levels at closer vertical
spacing to limit load that way at some (probably minimal?) loss of total
storage (altho you might go w/ 5 instead of 4 levels, say)...

Just a thought and just _might_ also take care of the worrier in the
crowd...