Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
azotic[_4_] azotic[_4_] is offline

Default Why is parts washing solvent so expensive

"axolotl" wrote in message
On 9/9/2011 1:34 PM, Ignoramus5263 wrote:
I looked for parts washing solvent, and I am finding that it is a lot
more expensive than other hydrocarbons like kerosene. I am wondering,
why is this the case?

Any idea what is a relatively cheap way to get about 40-50 gallons of
that stuff.

This doesn't answer the question asked, but many businesses are using
outfits like this to supply the stuff and haul it away:

http://www.safety-kleen.com/products/CleaningEquipment/Pages/SolventPartsWashers.aspx

if you are talking 40-50 gallons, you are getting into the territory where
the EPA/DEP might get interested. It might be good to have paperwork.

Kevin Gallimore

Illinois also has thier own state run EPA to contend with.
You gonna need a big paper trail if they come a knocken.

Best Regards
Tom.