Pounds on Wood

Default Tenoning jig advice needed

It's very common to have to modify, move, or even replace the bar on these
jigs. I have the Delta jig, and when I got it I had a Grizzly 1023. I had
to move the bar over an inch or two. The slot-to-blade dimension is
different between manufacturers.

I say get the jig and plan on modifying the slide bar. It won't be a big
deal.

I assure you the cast iron jig beats the stain out of any wooden home made
contraption. For the money I think it might be the best value tool in my
shop.

--
********
Bill Pounds

"BM Cooper" wrote in message
Hi everyone. I'm trying to determine which after-market tenoning jigs

will
work with Craftsman miter slots. I know, I know, everyone is jealous of

my
table saw, but it's NOT for sale. (grin) For what it's worth - It's about

3
years old and a (relatively speaking) "higher" end contractor saw (for
Craftsman).

It seems to me that the Delta won't work... Is this true? Any help as to
what might work well would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking for advice on a good bench top mortiser. Thanks for your
help! Ben