Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] jw@myplace.com is offline

Default (OT) Another Electronics Question..... CD player-NO speaker

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 10:03:34 -0400, George
wrote:

CD players are pretty much displaced by digital players. You can get a
current model player from a manufacturer such as a Sandisk that has
enough capacity to hold 2,000 songs or lots of podcasts or whatever,
doesn't have a motor and has terrific battery life and is ~ 2 x 1 1/4"
for $30

I bought a MP3 player last year. It too came with an earphone (I
think they call them ear buds), but no speaker. I plugged it into my
house stereo because I could not use it in the car except with the ear
phones. But I often have my laptop computer in the car and I can play
MP3s on it when I drive. Not the greatest sound on that tiny speaker,
but better than the junk they play on the radio.

I imagine those FM transmitters would work on the MP3 player too...