Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My new engine hoist

On Sep 8, 5:52*pm, Ignoramus3367
wrote:
On 2011-09-08, Karl Townsend wrote:

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 17:02:51 -0500, Ignoramus3367
wrote:

This is a 6,000 lbs capacity OTC 1814 crane, with electric hydraulic
pump.

http://www.amazon.com/OTC-1814-Capac.../dp/B00291AOU4

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...WD_r9xO3bjAhN7....

Just in case if this is not apparent, this crane is HUGE and weighs
about 1,300 lbs. I was photographing it from eye level. The little
Harbor Freight crane is just a skinny boy in comparison to this
crane. Its capacity is 4,000 to 6,000 lbs depending on the boom
position.

Now tellus you paid $40 for it and the guy tossed in a couple tons of
misc. with the deal. Just to really **** us off.

Not really, but I am sure that I can sell it on ebay for many times
what I paid. Say, this crane is almost the same, but lacks the prized
electric hydraulic pump:

* * * * *http://goo.gl/zjZ6P

Great buy. Wish I had one just like it. I've got a 4 ton lift A frame
hoist on rollers but it can be unweildy to get in position.

Yes, A frames are notorious for this, especially in crowded shops.

Thanks Karl

i- Hide quoted text -

If I were you Ig, I would hang on to that for awhile.

I bet you will find yourself using it....a lot.

TMT