Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Holding thin round stuff

In article ,
says...

Gerald Miller wrote:

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Gerald Miller wrote:

OTOH, Robertson drive fasteners are automatically held in place by the
tapered mating surfaces of the driver.

Not the ones I've seen and had to remove. Every damn one of them was
sloppy, and I burnt up a bit about every six screws because they would
wear down the corners till they just spun in the screw heads.

You must have been using a No. 1 bit in a No. 2 fastener.

No, I wasn't. I used brand new #2 Robertson bits and burnt up over a
dozen of the things at $1.59 each. They were just crap screws.

I'm curious--were you using a drill, an impact driver, or a manual
screwdriver? I used to hate Robertsons, then I got an impact driver and
found that they suddenly became much more satisfactory.