Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default I need to buy a 3 jaw adjust true chuck

Gerald Miller wrote:

Just buy a four jaw independent chuck and learn to use it. I use a
ten thousandth dial gage for final adjustment. The last time I used a
three jaw chuck.other than a drill chuck on other than my Unimat 3
was55 years ago in High School shop class.

I'm doing most of my work with an 8" 4 jaw unless it fits my collets. The 4 jaw has
serations in the jaw that makes it hard to use for small things. I wish the jaws were
smooth.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller