Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus11868 Ignoramus11868 is offline

Default I need to buy a 3 jaw adjust true chuck

On 2011-09-07, Wes wrote:
Anyone have good pointers to where I can get a 6" scroll chuck with an
adjustable back
plate? ...

If you are after *new*, look at Bison chucks. Nice quality for
reasonable prices.

If you already have a good 3-jaw chuck with a separate
backplate, it is possible to adapt it to make one with an adjust-tru
style feature.
Good Luck,
DoN.

I'm trying to decide if I really need one of these:
http://www.tools4cheap.net/proddetail.php?prod=6jaw
to make these:

He is a great guy

http://www.agelessengines.com/

Perhals you could modify it to adjust as Don wrote but still go on a
tight-fitting backplate for heavier cuts.

jsw