Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rolled Wide edges?

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2011-09-07, Jim Wilkins wrote:
This cuts 1/8" steel easily for a lot less money:
http://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Metal-Al.../dp/B001BZ720O

A variant on a Beverly shear. Great for making curved cuts, but
a bit of a pain to make straight cuts with. The price on that web site
looks pretty tempting, if I had any more bench space to mount it. As it
is, the shear it taking one end of a bench, and the reloading press the
other end of the same bench. The back side of the bench with the brake
is loaded with arbors and tool holders for the Nichols horizontal mill.
:-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

Not exactly. They have more straight-line guidance than a Beverly shear and
can cut curves in only one direction.

I made a wheeled stand with a trunnion top that holds the corner notcher on
one side and either this shear or the HF compact bender on the other, with
an accessory cabinet below. It sleeps jammed in with other wheeled
equipment. Usually though I attach the shear to a plank lying on the
driveway, which makes a good work surface for large sheets resting on 2x4s.

jsw