LRod

Default Norm's mahagany finish

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:55:52 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

LRod wrote:

Uh, did it occur to you that he wasn't staining the mahogany to look
like walnut? Do you think maybe he was using a stain that happened to
be walnut colored to give the mahogany a different hue.

- -
LRod

Did you see the show?

Every single one of them.

He inferred that mahogany is in need of some help with the color.

You inferred that. He implied it. I said it outright.

That should be left to the user,

Uh, that would be him. Or Morash. In either case...

not the man with a lot of influence over how people do woodworking.

So because someone has a lot of influence (blah, blah, blah) they are
no longer permitted to make the choices that you confer on other
users?

Of course it does not matter what my opinion is, you will defend his right
to have a poor influence over many people's choices. If you go back to my
oringinal post, I was saying it was a terrible choice. I stated my opinion.
I'm sure it will not change YOR opinion. I guess the difference is that
while I like the guy, you seem to adore him and made a shrine of sorts to
his show.

Ahhh, I guess we're done with the issues and on to straw men. A
shrine? It's just a reference work. Doesn't even editorialize on his
"choices."

Good for you. My mind is a bit more open when it comes to Norm.

Saying it is so, doesn't make it so.

He does a lot of nice things and I've learned some things fromhism, but I
also know that just like me, he has faults. --

Yes, let's clear the channels of all except those without faults.

- -
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net