Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
Jasprt2 Jasprt2 is offline

Default Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?

responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/cleanin...drum-5145-.htm
Jasprt2 wrote:
Uh, "haul" ...like in a truck?
There are regs against that (DOT) in the U.S. which is why you can't find
any ready made poly transition tanks. I think 5gals is the max for poly
fuel containers (in the US)
If you have the space on your property you might consider a large metal
storage tank (100 to 1000 gallons) and fuel companies deliver to you, so
the transport is not an issue. Sometimes cheaper as well.

James wrote:

I would like to own a 55 gallon drum , preferably made of plastic. I
want
this to be able to haul K-1 kerosene fuel for my oil heaters. I
suppose
I could use a metal drum but prefer the plastic as it would be so much
lighter.

I have looked at Northern Industrial Tools and at Harbour Freight, but
find nothing like this.

Any ideas of a source for this ?

Thanks

James