Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to remove pool drain cover 9 feet under water to check for aclogged pipe?

On Sep 6, 6:37*pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 6 Sep 2011 12:30:44 -0700, SF Man
wrote:

On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:10:12 -0700, Oren wrote:

Before you pull the valves apart. make a small "scratch" mark on the
valve body and the valve handle. Use the mark when you put them back
together -- an alignment.

That's the kind of stuff you learn from experience!

Thanks.

Every trade has some little bit of technique.

I once performed a Side Walk Miracle. The man threw down his crutches,
hop skipped back to the medical staff. Suddenly he did not like his
choices: work or strict bed rest.

Phone called Denied! *I could cure people :-'

I also would not use a plastic bag to close off the
side suction port. Not effective and too easy for
it to wind up in the pipe. You can get a winterizing
plug which is essentially like a rubber stopper with
a wingnut on it that expands it. They are available
here in the NYC area at pool stores, but might not
be in CA, though they are useful for things other
than winterizing. You can also find them online.