Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rolled Wide edges?

"DoN. Nichols" wrote in message
On 2011-09-06, Jim Wilkins wrote:
This is the user's manual:
http://www.northerntool.com/download...als/334987.pdf

I like the manual -- in particular on PDF page 8 (printed page
number 6) warnings #10 ("Never leave when the machine is running") and
13 ("Ues a grounded extension cord rated for the machine amperage".) :-)

It does seem to contain more warnings and safety advice than
information on how to actually *do* something with it. :-)

And I like the fact that it can (supposedly) roll and bend 22
Ga. mild steel, but can only *shear* 28 Ga. mild steel. It does not
fill me with confidence. :-)

Enjoy,
DoN.

IMHO they are for hobbyists who don't -need- a sheet metal machine. Mine is
a second-hand reject from industry. I could have used one to wrap enclosures
around circuit boards for heavy in-house use or make board meeting demo
prototypes of products if I hadn't had better equipment.

But that better equipment takes up a lot of space that I don't have in my
basement, thus I put up with the 3-in-1.

Effectively it helped expand my reputation until they'd give me a rough
circuit sketch and leave me alone to build it however I wanted, my idea of
the ideal techie job.

This cuts 1/8" steel easily for a lot less money:
http://www.amazon.com/Sheet-Metal-Al.../dp/B001BZ720O

jsw