Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Anyone make a grill cover that will last more than 1 season?

talk of "best" bbq cover snipped

I have bought several over the years for various barbecues, and gone through
a few that came with the barbecues. I have a home, a summer cabin, and
three vacation rental houses, so have seen a few.

Out of all of them, those I bought at Lowe's lasted the longest. The one
that lasted the longest was four years. That was 24/7 in the desert heat.
Whether or not one lives in the desert, or in the snowy woods, any 24/7
exposure to sun, wind, snow, rain, or weather in general, a cover has hard
wear. Anything will develop holes and tears and separation quickly.

There is no "best" or perfect cover. You can pay a lot, and perhaps get a
better one, but it won't amortize over the years. It won't last that many
years.

I have a Singer Walking Foot sewing machine, and can build one out of
Sunbrella, one of the finest outdoor canvases in the market. Yet, when I
analyze my time, the cost of materials, and all, I would rather just go get
one at Lowe's that will last three to four years, and do that every few
years.

Steve

--
Please go to my facebook page, Heart Surgery Survival Guide and LIKE me so I
can get my domain name.

Heart surgery pending?
www.heartsurgerysurvivalguide.com
Heart Surgery Survival Guide