Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default magnetic switch

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...

"John Grossbohlin" wrote:

The magnetic switch on my Jet 3 HP cabinet saw shuts off randomly while
the saw is in use. The inside of the switch is nearly spotless so it
isn't a dust built up problem...

I posted some photos in ABPW... In the photos it can be seen that there
are adjustment wheels in the switch. What do they do and how does one
judge that the adjustments are correct?

snip
"Magnetic switch" AKA: "Magnetic Motor Starter".

This one appears to have a time delay.

First things first.

Call Jet tech service (They have an 800#), model number in hand and
explain problem.

They will probably download the right instruction sheets (PDF files) and
walk you thru it.

Have fun.

Always.... ;~) I looked all over their web site and couldn't find anything
on the switches nor in the documents that came with the saw. Guess I'll have
to find time to call them but time is a scarce commodity during business
hours so it may take a while.

John