Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM GMM is offline

Default removing a chimney breast

On Sep 6, 3:15*pm, paul wrote:
its 25 years since i last did this .
I ve got in mind that you need to tell building control if you are
going to do this .

Am i correct ?

I think the answer has to be yes: We recently sold my father's house
and the sale was nearly sunk by the absence of any documentation from
when he took out a chimney breast. Finally, we convinced the buyers
that it was done before 1984 when the regs started, so didn't need
approval. (This was true, but we didn't want to point out that my
father would never have considered asking permission to do whatever he
wanted with his own house) I seem to recall that there's also a
requirement to do something if it's on a party wall.