Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Quick Electrial Question

On 9/6/11 5:57 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
tiredofspam wrote:

Yes, thats correct. Twisting alone is not allowed, and twisting with
wire nuts was rejected. Must be crimped... I was surprised. But I was
lucky, because that is how I wired the whole basement. And the
inspector was surprised I did it correctly. I asked whether the wire
nuts would pass and he said NO.

Interesting. Where do you live? I've never heard of this one before. Has
to be a local jurisdiction thing.

Many local inspectors can be pretty clueless. I was helping a friend
with an addition on his house. We used roof trusses that spanned the
entire width of the structure, from outer wall to outer wall. The
inspector told us we needed to tie the two outer walls together with
2x4's to keep the "rafters" from pushing them out. I tried my best to
convince him that...
A. there were no "rafters" in this structure and it was impossible for a
truss to push anywhere but straight down on the load bearing wall.
B. the walls were in fact, tied together every 24" with the 2x4's on the
bottom of each truss.

He refused to grasp any of these concepts and I ended up tying the walls
together with some 2x4's just to appease him, until he left, then I tore
them out.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)