Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default How to remove pool drain cover 9 feet under water to check for a clogged pipe?

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:06:58 -0700, SF Man
wrote:

On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:20:04 -0700, Oren wrote:

The valves (Jandy) have O-rings. Replace those O-rings that drip,
suck air or are damaged. Just a replacement part at a pool shop. Lube
the new rings when you install them. That should stop leaks.

Thanks for the advice.

I think, almost every valve is leaking.

So, I'll take one apart (it has large #3 phillips screws on top) and take a
look at these o-rings. I've never taken it apart before.

Luckily there are multiple pool-supply stores within a 20-mile radius, so,
I should be able to find parts in stock.

Before you pull the valves apart. make a small "scratch" mark on the
valve body and the valve handle. Use the mark when you put them back
together -- an alignment.