Posted to rec.woodworking
John Grossbohlin[_2_] John Grossbohlin[_2_] is offline

Default magnetic switch

The magnetic switch on my Jet 3 HP cabinet saw shuts off randomly while the
saw is in use. The inside of the switch is nearly spotless so it isn't a
dust built up problem...

I posted some photos in ABPW... In the photos it can be seen that there are
adjustment wheels in the switch. What do they do and how does one judge that
the adjustments are correct?

This problem first occurred back in June while I was building a patrol box
for my sons' Boy Scout Troop. I was away for a couple months this summer and
had forgotten about the problem until I used the saw today...

Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

P.S. You can see where I was at