Posted to alt.home.repair
John John is offline

Default Anyone make a grill cover that will last more than 1 season?

On 9/4/2011 8:27 PM, Paul Franklin wrote:
Subject says it all. I've tried several brands of "premium" covers for
my weber gas grill. Include Weber brand and whatever brookstone sells,
plus some others. The best so far is some type of cloth with a PVC
like coating, but after a season (usually less) out in sun/rain they
all develop pinholes and or cracks that make them leaky as a sieve.

And I'm in NE Ohio, not some scorched earth hell-hole desert.

I don't mind paying for quality, I just can't find it.

Anyone know a brand/type that lasts?

TIA,

Paul F.

Try a Garden Ridge model called "The Grilling Enthusiast" if you can
find it. The wife bought it at a Garden Ridge shop just outside of
Pittsburgh but she said she also saw it at Big Lots. Fortunately the
wife bought two for exactly the reason you are looking for a better one.
Well this is the best made I've seen, its plastic covered cloth with a
flannel liner, reminds one of the old oil cloths that used to be on the
kitchen table. Color choices are dark green and dark green

But weigh the sucker down cause it makes a great parachute and if blows
away like our first one did who ever finds it in your neighborhood won't
ever give it back!

$14.99 each three years ago.

John