Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Quick Electrial Question

On 9/4/2011 9:53 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 09:42:52 -0500, wrote:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/74-300&t=1

Thanks. One more question. I looked up GFI and GFCI. Is there a
difference between these two or is it just the nomenclature one
chooses to use?

No differences: "Ground Fault Interrupter" vs "Ground Fault Circuit
Interrupter".

Otherwise know as an RCD "Residual Current Device", I believe other
countries may have other names for them.

Recently there is another device that is now required by code in
bedrooms in the many US locales, the AFCI "Arc Fault Circuit
Interrupter" ... in the form of an AFCI c'bkr in the service panel. One
of the big reasons for this requirement is the recent proliferations of
ceiling fans placed in bedroom on lighting circuits, not all properly
installed as a retrofit.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010