Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Quick Electrial Question

On 9/4/2011 5:49 AM, Dave wrote:
On Sun, 04 Sep 2011 05:36:26 -0400,
wrote:
I installed the outlet and I'm getting a green light from the outlet
tester Swingman suggested that I get, so life is good. For the time
being, the switch for the garbage disposal will turn a lamp on and off.

Can't find it in previous messages. What outlet tester did Swingman
suggest you get?

Similar to this one:

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/74-300&t=1

When building a house, and during electrical trimout and inspections I
always carry one in my pocket.

Most inspector aren't going to accept that a receptacle requiring GFCI
is indeed that unless they can see it/hear it trip. Sometimes GFCI is
located on other floors (utility room for an outdoor circuit, ect) so
when they question, you have a ready means to answer.

Saves a lot of unnecessary questions, and helpful in trouble shooting
circuits also.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010