Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Can I saw some grade-2 nuts in a bandsaw?

DougC wrote:
-Like,,, without greatly hurting the blade?

I need some half-height 3/4x10 nuts. A regular nut sliced in half
would be just about perfect, but I dunno if it would ruin a bandsaw blade
or
not (dry blade, no coolant). I also have an angle grinder w/cutoff
wheels, but the bandsaw would be somewhat of a more-controllable cut
to do.
I also have some scrap metal and a 3/4-10 tap, but I have no method
for ensuring the tap enters perpendicular, and I need the nuts to sit
flat. I am guessing that the already-made nuts are straighter than what I
could manage to do...

It'll work , a lot depends on how you plan on holding the nuts ... I know I
ain't gettin' MY fingers that close to the blade !

--
Snag
Learning keeps