Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
It's been several days. So, there is still plenty of storm
damage?

Oh, yeah. Some of the rivers didn't peak here until Wednesday.

Joe Autodrill described the situation in north Jersey quite well. There are
people who live on a flood plain that, at one time, was not really a
problem. But with all of the further development, and the channelizing of
the creeks and streams, they get hit much worse now than when some of the
old-timers bought their homes.

The power outage at the end of my street was just repaired Saturday. It only
affected two houses but the point is that the cleanup and fixes are taking a
long time. And my power company, PSE&G, has been about the fastest in
repairing damage. They had crews in here from Michigan and Wisconsin, and
even from Oklahoma, I heard.

It's going to be a long while before those folks near the north Jersey
rivers are going to be cleaned up enough to get back into their houses, if
they ever can, in some cases.

--
Ed Huntress

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

FYI...I just heard that 900,000 people still don't have
power.

TMT

They can't even get to some of them yet in Vermont.
Connecticut had to
essentially rebuild 4/5 of their power distribution system.
Some folks got
off a lot worse than we did.

--
Ed Huntress