Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default OT - Anyone planning to evacuate from Irene?

Ideally, the Fed and the States would perform only thier
constitutionally delegated powers. However, the genie is out
of the bottle, and that won't happen until the next
revolution.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"John" wrote in message

As far as the government helping peoples losses, I do have
somewhat of
a problem with it.
Why shouldn't the government help anyone that has a loss,
not in the
flood or hurricane but the person whose house burned down
and has no
insurance. Where is the dividing line where the government
makes a
decision to help the individual? In my estimation is is
unfair to help
one group without helping everyone that has a non insured
loss. So what
do you think the policy should be?

John

I can think of a number of disasters that have killed a
lot more people.
The steamboat sultana blowing up killed more than a
thousand. The
triangle shirtwaist fire. a passenger boat sunk in the
east river in NYC
killed quite a few not to mention a bunch of train wrecks
over the last
century as well as airline crashes.

John

Great. And then there was the Civil War, which makes them
all look like a
sore thumb by comparison.