Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Basement water proofing

On Sep 3, 10:40*pm, wrote:
aemeijers writes:
On 9/3/2011 9:40 PM, wrote:
*writes:

Has anyone used this product?

http://www.sanitred.com/Basemen****erproofing.htm

Sounds too good to be true, any comments, good or bad?

It is too good to be true.

They don't show what happens when the water table rises after
you put that sealer on the floors and walls.

A coat of sealer won't hold back the water for long.

The correct procedure is to break the concrete floor all around the
perimeter, dig a trench, install piping, cover with concrete, leaving
a slit, install sump pump, create drainage holes for the walls so the
walls stay dry.

There are a lot of specialty basement waterproofing companies.

I had it done over 30 years ago. *Still dry.

The PREFERRED procedure is to have the drain system outside the
well-sealed wall when the basement is built. Those interior drains are
a second-best solution when an outside retrofit is not practical.

I agree outside drainage done right is the way to go
but pretty hard to do with an existing home.

--
Dan Espen- Hide quoted text -

its near impossible to seal a basement from water. basements are NOT a
bathtub......

interior french drain is the only way to go on a existing home........

espically if the water table is high under your home