Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default Quick Electrial Question

HeyBub wrote:
Bill wrote:
Am try to install new garbage disposal and have a quick electrical
quesiton.
GD Unit came with (3-prong) electrical cord attached. Unfortunately
the cord does not seem to be removable. Can I cut off the plug and
attach this to the romex in my junction box? I suspect the answer is no,
but I have to ask. If this is not acceptable, I think the next
solution is to install a new electrical outlet under the sink...

BTW, whoever installed the last one wasn't too A-R about it: there
were no "romex connectors" going into the junction box, coming out the
junction box, or going into the garbage disposal unit. *Scotch tape*
was used to cover the sharp edges on the knock-outs on the junction

Put in an electrical outlet ON the wall under the sink. It will make
installation of the NEXT garbage disposal easier.

I sort of wish that seemed reasonable. As it is, I decided to install an
outlet on the back of the plywood or particle board (?) on the back of
the cabinet. Finally got all the parts together and am looking forward
to an exciting Saturday night. : )

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

Bill