Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Quick Electrial Question

Bill wrote:
Am try to install new garbage disposal and have a quick electrical
quesiton.
GD Unit came with (3-prong) electrical cord attached. Unfortunately
the cord does not seem to be removable. Can I cut off the plug and
attach this to the romex in my junction box? I suspect the answer is no,
but I have to ask. If this is not acceptable, I think the next
solution is to install a new electrical outlet under the sink...

BTW, whoever installed the last one wasn't too A-R about it: there
were no "romex connectors" going into the junction box, coming out the
junction box, or going into the garbage disposal unit. *Scotch tape*
was used to cover the sharp edges on the knock-outs on the junction

Put in an electrical outlet ON the wall under the sink. It will make
installation of the NEXT garbage disposal easier.