Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] stans4@prolynx.com is offline

Default Flush-type grease fitting

I've just been replacing a lot of parts on the latest buggy, the new
front driveshaft U-joints have flush-type grease fittings on the
bearing cups. I've never encountered these before, they're small
countersunk cups with a check ball, nothing like a regular zerk. Not
flat like an Alemite fitting, either. Nobody seems to have the mating
nozzle for a grease gun, counter monkey at the parts place just gave a
shrug. Anybody know what's supposed to be used with these things and
where to get it? I can always use them like grease plugs, just
unscrew them and put in a regular zerk come time to regrease, but if I
could get the proper nozzle at a reasonable price, I'd go for it.
Google didn't turn up much besides the fittings and the data pages on
them just said to get a flush nozzle for the grease gun. Big help.

Stan