Chris Harris

Default Range cooker recommendations?

cheers for that. Ideally I would mix and match- not that fussed about the
range cooker look- its just the only sensible place for a cooker we have

is
in the chiney (where the original range would have been) so I am looking

for
the best compromise which fits in a 90cm hole!

cheers

Bax

We considered a Falcon at one point and it certainly is a well
engineered product. I looked also at some of the Italian origin
ranges like Brittania and they are OK, but not in the same league in
build quality.

In the end we went with an Aga for a whole variety of reasons but
that's another story.

Have you tried contacting a few Aga Rayburn dealers than your local
one? You may find that somebody has one available or ordered.

I've got a Rayburn going spare. Not sure of the model, but 1960's vintage.
Left-hand firebox (right-hand chimney), buyer collects from Stanley Falkland
Islands ;-)

Available as soon as I get the new gas or electric (haven't decided which
yet) in. I'm following this thread with interest as I intentend to look at
various range cookers when I vist England next month. I like the idea of a
range style gas/electric hybrid cooker to replace the Rayburn.

I was brought up on Rayburns using solid fuel (peat) and think that anyone
that uses solid fuel as their prime cooking/heating source is a romantic
fool, or has too much time on their hands. The house I have just bought has
a Rayburn that has been converted to kero. It does the cooking and hot
water. There is a separate diesel boiler for CH.

CJH

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl