Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default FS- Clearing space, tools and machine stuff...

In article ,

On 2011-08-31, Al wrote:
Sorry guys.

Darn it, no matter what I do I cannot seem to get my links to post
properly. I did not think I was this stupid, but...

It isn't *you*, its your newsreader, which appears to be
"Thunderbird". It is trying to "protect" you by rendering URLs
unusable, so they don't accidentally reveal something about you. I
would guess that there is some way to turn this off, but I don't use
Thunderbird -- for e-mail or for a newsreader, so I don't know how.

At least this time, both versions got through. I think that it
is that you put each one stand alone on its own line, with a blank line
above and below, so it was quite clear -- even to Thunderbird -- that you
really *wanted* to post this, it was not an accident.

Most commonly, the signal is a pair of corner brackets:
http://www.google.com.

Joe Gwinn