Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Usual suspect Usual suspect is offline

Default Agent kill filter help please

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 14:38:02 -0400, Usual suspect
wrote:

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:46:51 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

Though I use lots of kill filters I cannot figure out how to filter
out cross posts in Agent. And the number of and subjects of posts from
other newsgroups is making it really hard to read rcm. So can anyone
tell me how to filter out crossposts using Agent?
Thanks,
Eric

Agent 4, Select "Folder" Select "Default Properties" Enable "Cross
post checking" enter 2 Select "Do not retrieve Header"
The usenet becomes a much more peaceful and sane place.

Try the following filter

newsgroups: ({\,.,} and rec.crafts.metalworking)

(search for "warez" in the Agent help files for a full explanation)