Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Agent kill filter help please

On 2011-08-31, wrote:
Though I use lots of kill filters I cannot figure out how to filter
out cross posts in Agent. And the number of and subjects of posts from
other newsgroups is making it really hard to read rcm. So can anyone
tell me how to filter out crossposts using Agent?

I don't know Agent specifically, but the usual trick is to count
commas in the "Newsgroups: " header. One comma is two newsgroups, two
commas is three an so forth.

My newsreader allows scoring, so I can allocate say -10 points
for one comma, another -10 points for two commas (separate test) and so
on -- and for the desired cross-posts (e.g. the weekly puzzles which are
posted to three newsgroups, I take the "From: " header and give
something like +50 to override the total of the negatives from the
commas.

Hopefully, someone else who *uses* Agent can tell you how to do
this. IIRC, I think that it needed a bit of trickery to add
"Newsgroups: " to the headers on which you can filter.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564