Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default hard to clean Plastic Shower Floors

On Aug 31, 9:25*am, John wrote:
On 8/31/2011 10:53 AM, marco wrote:

thanks for all the good ideas to try

it just occured to me it might be Fiberglass,
not plastic [they look similar]
it has a bumpy stone feel to it

and a Mat is a good idea [i have a mat in the bathtub]
my bathtub is metal

marc

If the drain is in the middle of the shower floor (like mine) you would
need to cut a hole in the mat or mop up a flood *

Comet spray gel (the kind with bleach) gets rid of the red mold that
forms under the faucets and the black mold that loves it under the wall
lip where it joins the floor pan. Apply to a dry surface (it sticks
better) and let it stand overnight. But its not cheap and the dirt and
soap scum where you stand needs scrubbed anyway so just mix your own
solution as a gallon of bleach is cheap and goes along way (one part
bleach to three parts water in a used spray bottle). After the solution
drys the next day I use a toilet brush (its easier on the back and does
a better job) on the wall lip and a regular handled scrub brush for the
floor pan. Get naked, pull the curtain/door, scrub and rinse everything
with a small pail.

John

Sounds like this expensive Comet spray gel doesn't do any better than
just bleach. I used to get a Zep ? mold remover from Home Despot,
but it never did a great job. So one day I said the hell with it and
just used plain bleach, which worked great.

HB.